12 things that you don’t know about me!
Simona Spilak, MSc
14 November. 2022
Whether you’re new to my world or have been following my work for some time, you know I’m not super personal.
I do share a lot of content related to my leadership and career coaching, but when it comes to my private stuff, you can’t find a lot...
I decided to write down 12 random facts that you probably don’t know about me. And now I decided to share them with you. To make you laugh and let you know I’m not all about business.
So much has changed in the last 6 years since I started my company, though some things are simply part of my “core” personality...
In no particular order, here you go...
- I absolutely love criminal minds! If you came to watch a movie with me, it would involve Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, or anything directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
- I have 5 tattoos! They are visible, but you may not spot them without looking for them. Each has a very special meaning to me that’s tied to a significant life event or a pivotal year.
- I come from a small village in Slovenia. I’m the village girl who went to study in the city and then worked for progressive international companies. I’ve always had a passion and drive to achieve anything that I put my mind to and create freedom.
- I love dark-silver artisan jewelry, the type that is quite chunky and has an antique feel to it. You’ll probably notice it in my photos now :)
- I absolutely love the color black! At one time in my life, I wore only black clothes. I don’t have the skill to combine colors in outfits to look good, but I can layer black outfits with different textures like a fashion expert!
- I even love drinking black tea - English breakfast is my favorite.
- I am a night owl, not a morning person. I love writing, reading, and listening to podcasts late at night.
- I have a sister who doesn’t like to have her picture taken, so there are literally no photos of the two of us together. We are completely different characters; I’m an extrovert, and she is more behind the scenes, structured and analytical. Last year she (finally) said YES to working with me.
- I am crazy in love with buying postcards for my friend’s special occasions like birthdays, in every city I visit. I love writing my cards by hand and sending them in the post. In today’s world of electronic communications, there’s something special about receiving old-school handwritten mail.
- I have been with my partner for 16 years, but we have never got married. He works in a casino, but I am a bigger gambler than he is! I guess that’s the entrepreneurial risk-taker in me.
- I am a guest lecturer in Economics at the University of Ljubljana. Ten years ago, the students asked me why I didn’t use my business knowledge to build my own companies. At the time, I said, “I don’t have the guts to build my own business.” Then six years ago, I built my own brick-and-mortar boutique executive search agency in Slovenia. I achieved 6 figure revenue in the second year in a small market with only 2 million inhabitants.
- My favorite cities are London and Berlin. I love their vibe and diversity of people. – This year, I've combined working and traveling for almost 10 weeks! Though long-distance flights pay a toll, this new work-vacation modality is a blessing. I was traveling 90% of the time in corporate, and I thought I'd missed it. With my own company, I can combine both.
So that’s me. Now I’d love to hear from you!
Of course, only if you want to.
For all those loving getting to know me better who would like to continue the conversation, you have the opportunity to book a 1:1 call with me.
You are invited to use this complimentary call with me to share your professional challenges (leadership, career, business, development...), create your career vision, or just continue sharing stories! Reserve your seat for a 1:1 call with me here .
With love and great respect,